Tyrone Elliott is an African American history teacher for The Bridge Academy in Bridgeport, Connecticut. He also coaches middle and high school basketball for The Bridge Academy as well as football for Harding High School. He graduated from Western Connecticut State University with a degree in Secondary Education in May 2013. He strongly believes in engaging the community via community service and mentoring youth.
Thea, Tyrone’s wife, is an African American marketing professional woman who graduated in 2007 with a Master’s in Business Administration from Benedictine University, near Chicago, Illinois. She previously held an Account Manager role for a Direct Marketing Agency in Danbury, CT., She now works a less demanding job so it will allow her time to mentor youth girls at Bridge Academy as well as help run Adversity To Prosperity.
“We chose to start this foundation because we both truly believe in the value that a quality education provides. Education is an important vehicle to promote upward mobility. We strongly believe that everyone – no matter their background – should have the same opportunities for advancement.” – Thea Elliott
Board Of Directors
- Chairmen: Thea Elliott & John Ramos, Jr
- President: Tyrone Elliott
- Director of Athletic Operations: Edylberto Santiago
- Director of Education Activities & Development: John Ramos, Jr
- Director of Volunteer Services: Susan Saracena
- Marketing + Media Relations: Christelle Ramos
- Fundraising Director: Carrie Ramanauskas
- Treasurer: Julia Paigo
- Secretary: Artay Corbet
- Board Advisors: Jeff Nolan , Tony Dorn, Ken Sutton, Marcus V. McGregor