Tyrone Elliott is an African American history teacher for The Bridge Academy in Bridgeport, Connecticut. He also coaches middle and high school basketball for The Bridge Academy as well as football for Harding High School. He graduated from Western Connecticut State University with a degree in Secondary Education in May 2013. He strongly believes in engaging the community via community service and mentoring youth.
Thea, Tyrone’s wife, is an African American marketing professional woman who graduated in 2007 with a Master’s in Business Administration from Benedictine University, near Chicago, Illinois. She previously held an Account Manager role for a Direct Marketing Agency in Danbury, CT., She now works in the law enforcement industry and spends her free time mentoring youth girls at Bridge Academy & helping run Adversity To Prosperity.
“We chose to start this foundation because we both truly believe in the value that a quality education provides. Education is an important vehicle to promote upward mobility. We strongly believe that everyone – no matter their background – should have the same opportunities for advancement.” – Thea Elliott
Our Amazing Board Of Directors
- President: Tyrone Elliott
- Director of Education Activities & Development: John Ramos, Jr
- Marketing + Media Relations: Christelle Ramos
- Communications Assistant: Jacqueline Monroe
- Secretary: Rick Rosencrans
- Board Advisors: Jeff Nolan , Tony Dorn, Ken Sutton, Marcus V. McGregor
- Successfully saved the Warren Harding Wrestling program for 2017 & 2018
- Successfully funded our 1st Annual Scholarships for Fall of 2017
- Successfully saved the Warren Harding Freshmen Football program for 2017
- Successfully Implemented “Presidential Development” for young high school men – A program created & ran by John Ramos, Jr